Guard your business against costly fraud with Sauk Valley Bank’s automatic fraud detection service, PosPay Fraud Protection. PosPay works in conjunction with Cash Management to provide real-time monitoring of any potential fraudulent transaction activity, giving a business back valuable time and the peace of mind to focus on running their business.
Why Choose PosPay Fraud Protection
Even in this age of technology, paper checks continue to be the most widely used method of payment fraud. The use of paper checks makes it easy for criminals to steal, forge, alter, and cash illegally. Catching fraudulent checks and stopping criminal activity against your business remains as important as ever. PosPay Fraud Protection is an easy-to-use fraud-prevention tool that can help protect your accounts by providing the ability to monitor check and ACH transactions presented for payment against those issued by the business.
An Easier Way to Manage Fraud
Reduce your business’ vulnerability to fraudulent activity by gaining more control of your check and ACH transactions with the ability to accept or reject recognized suspicious activity.
- Safeguard your accounts
- Receive notifications of suspicious activity
- Stop fraudulent transactions
Benefits of PosPay Fraud Protection
- Automates check reconciliation
- Improves accuracy of deposit balancing
- Simplifies your accounts payable process
- Reduces disbursement risk
- Improves audit control
- Saves your business time and money
How PosPay Works
The PosPay Fraud Protection system compares the business’ authorized file to the transactions presented for payment by matching the account number, check number and dollar amount. All three of these components must match exactly. If one or more of these components does not match, the transaction is flagged and turned into what is called an exception. These exceptions need to then be approved for the payment to take place or denied, returning the check. This process protects businesses against fraud, losses and other liabilities.
Sauk Valley Bank reviews check and ACH transactions submitted to your account. If any of these transactions appear to be fraudulent, our system notifies you of a discrepancy and allows you to decide if they are to be paid or returned.
- Your business simply uploads a check register file with information about the authorized check and ACH transactions you’ve issued for that period.
- Our PosPay system compares the record you uploaded to the checks that have been presented for payment.
- If there are checks presented for payment that are not on your uploaded file, a list of exceptions containing these transactions is generated and you are then notified to review the exception list on our PosPay system.
- Through the PosPay system, you decide if an exception transaction is to be paid or returned.
Why Choose Sauk Valley Bank?
At Sauk Valley Bank, we work hard to find the solutions that fit your unique banking needs. With a variety of banking and lending options, our team has the experience and flexibility to find the right solution to fit your needs.
We are committed to serving our communities with the highest quality of service. We focus on you and your needs – and offer you flexible and convenient solutions. Our aim is to build lifelong relationships, one customer at a time.