Cybersecurity: What You Need to Know
Safeguarding your account information from cyber threats is one of our top priorities at Sauk Valley Bank.
We are continuously working to:
- Identify new tools
- Implement new features in our online systems
- Assist you in ensuring that your data & assets are protected
Although these tools and features help, YOU are the most critical element in the protection of your information.
7 Proactive Cybersecurity Tips:
- Use unique passwords for all online financial accounts.
- Never share your password, account number, PIN or answers to security questions.
- Do not save credit or debit card, banking account or routing numbers, or other financial information, on your mobile device.
- Be careful about using passwords on mobile devices. Set up an automatic lock on your device to ensure no one can access your information.
- Do not provide your secure financial information over the phone or Internet if you are unsure of who is asking for it. Contact your bank directly by using the phone number on the back of your debit or credit card.
- Remember, your bank will never contact or text you and ask for personal or banking information.
- Be aware of the location of your mobile devices at all times. Only log on to financial websites when you have a secure, safe & trusted Internet connection.